Top Furniture is the only store in the North Country that offers a full-time team of service professionals to care for every product we sell — Appliances and Furniture. We have been providing quality service to all our customers since 1950. This means you can expect us to be there for you when needed, for as long as you own the product.
If your refrigerator, that you have had for years, stops cooling, DON'T WORRY — our repairman will be at your home in a jiffy! Be assured that when you buy from TOP FURNITURE, we will have the service personnel ready to provide repairs in a timely manner, whenever you have the need.
If you live within 100 miles of Top Furniture, you can be assured your new home furnishings will arrive with the careful handling of our delivery team. Our delivery staff is employed by Top Furniture not a contract service. We are very proud of the delivery team's handling of many deliveries daily throughout the North Country.
Delivery to Your Home
Scheduling: To serve our customers more effectively we have developed 4 hour windows for delivery time. We deliver 6 days a week with predesignated areas for each day. Requests for special delivery days will be dealt with on a case by case basis and will require an additional delivery fee.
Delivery fees are as follows:
$19.95 up to 15 miles
$49.95 16 to 50 miles
$79.95 51 to 70 miles
$129.95 71 to 100 miles
If a scheduling conflict arises call
Preparing for a Delivery
Our delivery personnel cannot enter your home unaccompanied unless prior arrangements have been made and a signed note is left for them to take with them.
Remove snow or any other obstacles that might hinder our delivery crew. Delivery personnel have the right to refuse unsafe delivery conditions.
If a delivery requires removal of windows, or extensive time you will need to make prior arrangements. Our delivery personnel are not allowed to do carpentry, plumbing, electrical work or install built-in appliances.
Please make sure all animals are out of harm's way. We will not be responsible for animals escaping from your home.
Prepare your room for our delivery personnel. We will set up your furniture, assemble if required, clean up and remove all packing materials.
Removal of old furniture does require a disposal fee as Top Furniture is charged by our local municipalities. Our delivery personnel are not required to move furniture that is not part of the delivery. They are on a tight schedule as they travel many miles in one day.
Picking up Merchandise
Top Furniture is open seven days a week for pick up of your merchandise. Our hours for pick-up are 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM daily, 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Sundays.
We request a 24 hour notice but at the minimum a 4 hour notice is needed for assembly purposes. Once merchandise is packed into private vehicles and leaves our property, it becomes the responsibility of the driver. Please bring your straps and ties and use them when it is appropriate.
Installation of Appliances
Our delivery personnel are qualified to perform "normal" installations of the appliances we sell.
Examples of "normal" installations are listed here:
- Removal of old washer – set new one in its place – level – hook up new hoses to outlets (If it is requested that we use the old or existing hoses, Top Furniture will not be held responsible for any water leaks from the hoses or the connections.)
- Removal of old electric dryer – set new one in its place – level – plug into an approved electrical outlet – hook up vent connection (If the existing vent hose is anything other than approved metal dryer venting, the Top Furniture delivery personnel will not hook it up. Material such as plastic vent hose is considered to be a "fire hazard.")
- Removal of old electric range – explain the importance of installing a "Range anti-tip Device" (See "Waiver and Release of Liability" form below) – set new one in place of customers choosing until the anti-tip device can be installed.
- Removal of old refrigerator – set new one in its place – level – plug into outlet. If a water line is to be connected, it is the responsibility of the customer to have the water line in place and the water to it shut off. Top Furniture delivery personnel will attach water line to the refrigerator as long as it has a proper fitting (Top Furniture will not be held responsible for any water leaks from the water line or the connection.)
Though our delivery personnel will make every effort to provide excellent installations, there may be situations we would consider "non-normal" and could possibly incur additional expenses such as a service call or another delivery charge if we have to return.
Some Examples of "non-normal" installations are listed here:
- Removal of old washer with standing water in the tub.
- Reinforcement of floor to support new washer.
- Plumbing beyond normal hose or water line hook-up.
- Running new water line or vent hose.
- Installing any appliance in an area that could cause damage to the appliance, property or environment.
- Installing any appliance in an area that could cause injury to the installer or the end user.
Manufacturers have a written limited warranty that must be followed in the event there is something wrong with the product. Refer to your owner's manual or product card located on your piece of furniture for warranty details. All warranties are for normal and residential usage and only apply to original purchaser.
Top Furniture will strictly adhere to manufacturer's warranties. We reserve the right to:
- Inspect damaged or defective merchandise in your home
- Service or repair merchandise in your home, our store or at the factory
- Repair or replace merchandise at our discretion
- Schedule service call on the specific day(s) that have been designated for your area
Top Furniture may offer extended warranties on appliances and select furniture purchases. All Extended Warranties will be monitored by a third party.